Our current build environment on Windows uses an old version of MSYS that we have been maintaining.
To build with this setup:
- install the binary release of BitKeeper
- Open a Command Prompt
- download our prebuilt build environment
bk tar zxf win32-buildenv.tgz
- Make a directory for your BK repository and
- Clone BitKeeper source:
bk clone -sALL bk://bkbits.net/u/bk/dev
- Lauch the build environment:
That last step runs
buildenv.batwhich will set up your build environment and leave you at an MSYS bash prompt in the
srcdirectory of this BK repository.
The batch file will complain about not being able to resolve data.bitkeeper.com – ignore that.
It will also ask if you wish to remove your old non-existent buildenv, just say no.
- Build as follows:
* You will end up with two executables (install images) in the `utils` subdirectory. One that opens a console during the installation and one that does not (should be obvious from the name). **Warning**: The build may fail if your machine has a current MSYS from http://mingw.org installed in `C:\MinGW`