Tests do not support /bin/ksh

In file src/substvars.sh you define /bin/ksh as a shell for solaris, but it seems like not all test written in a portable way

================= git-exporter test (1/1) =====================
/bin/ksh: line 337: syntax error at line 339: `(' unexpected
ERROR: Test git-exporter failed with unexpected output
failure of /home/avsej/code/oi-userland/components/developer/bitkeeper/build/i86/src/t/src/t/t.git-exporter in /tmp/build/test-/p3750
Makefile:45: recipe for target 'output/OUT.t.git-exporter' failed
make[1]: *** [output/OUT.t.git-exporter] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/avsej/code/oi-userland/components/developer/bitkeeper/build/i86/src/t'

Indeed. We dropped our ancient Solaris box years ago and haven’t replaced it. That test is newer.

We are spinning up an OpenIndiana VM and will get it included in our build cluster.

Awesome. And then I can help to integrate it into userland repositories so that everyone could install it through IPS

We pushed the fixes for openindiana and now it passes the full regressions suite here. Thanks @georgn!

In this case, we changed the regression harness to prefer bash over ksh.

A 7.2.1 release with openindiana binaries on the download page should happen soon.

Just an FYI, our latest tree carries a special hack to workaround https://www.illumos.org/issues/6972

I made a pull request and it has been merged already so at some point we should remove my hack. It’s not clear exactly what that point is…